In this project, you will develop a change plan based on a case study with stated objectives to accomplish an intended goal or goals. Once the objectives are established, you will build backward from those goal(s) in order to develop a timeline for completion in a phase-by-phase sequence. This change plan will analyze what is needed for the implementation of a change to be successful and things to look out for along the way.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
I. Analysis and Diagnosis
A. What is the problem in need of addressing at this point in time? Describe which forces are driving the change effort.
B. How did this problem arise? Determine how this problem is currently impacting the organization.
C. Identify the specific organizational needs driving the change. Explain each.
D. Identify specific variables, conditions, issues, individuals, and other factors that will impact the change effort negatively. Describe how these should be handled prior to planning the change effort.
E. What are the underlying causes of the problem? How should these be addressed?
F. Identify the gap between what the problem’s current situation is and what the hoped-for targeted outcome will be. Establish what needs to occur to build a process to bridge this gap.
II. Developing a Change Plan Using Kotter’s Model for Implementing Organizational Change
A. Create Urgency
1. Describe a plan to create urgency within the organization and convince stakeholders that this change needs to take place.
2. What processes currently exist for implementing change? How will these processes need to be updated for the proposed change?
3. Describe the strategy you will use to get support from your employees. How will this strategy be effective?
B. Build a Guiding Coalition
1. Identify who should be involved in this guiding coalition. Provide rationale for each choice. Kotter likes 50% leaders and 50% managers with experience, while others prefer the composition to be 33% leaders, 33% managers, and 33% informal leaders, but you can assemble the guiding coalition as you see fit.
2. Determine steps you can take to ensure commitment from those involved. Describe those steps.
C. Form a Strategic Vision
1. Determine the values that are essential to this change. Why are these values essential?
2. Establish the vision for this organizational change effort. How will this vision be effective in promoting your change effort?
3. Identify your intended targeted outcomes. Defend your choices.
4. What must occur for the organizational change effort to be considered a success? Defend your response.
D. Communicate the Change
1. What is required for the change to be communicated effectively within the organization? Why?
2. Determine actions you will take to encourage two-way communication for effective feedback loops during implementation of the change effort. Explain why these actions will be effective.
3. How will you support the direct supervisors in the organization in their efforts to communicate with employees about the change effort?
4. Describe how you will address any concerns or anxieties regarding this change.
5. Who needs to be involved and in what capacity for this change effort to be a success?
E. Enable Action by Removing Barriers
1. Identify the forces, barriers, and hindrances to the organizational change effort, and describe each.
2. How can resistance be recognized? How will you eliminate resistance or mitigate its impact on the implementation of the change plan?
3. Describe actions that will enable and empower employees to help drive the change effort.
F. Generate Short-Term Wins
1. Determine how you will generate short-term wins. How will you reward these wins?
2. What can be gained from short-term wins? Defend your response.
G. Sustain Acceleration
1. How will you ensure that the momentum driving the change effort continues?
H. Institute Change
1. What actions need to occur for this change to become part of the organizational culture? Defend each action.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now