Research Report on Issue in Human Services History
In this assignment, you will explore the field of human services with emphasis on its history and the effects, both positive and negative, it has had on people. This assignment allows you to identify and follow the evolution of the influence of social policy, theory, and outcomes of practices on human services delivery. The activities in this assignment will introduce students to the types of activities that have influenced real-world administrative roles. At the end of the assignment, you will be able to conceptualize how the policy and practice issues influence the operation of human services agencies.
Select and research an issue in human services history that has impacted the delivery of services. In a 4- to 7-page report, complete the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Describe the issue, its background, and the key people who were involved.
- Explain how the issue or these key people have changed or defined human services.
- Discuss the issue and the key people’s impact on theory, practices, and ethics, and how these issues have changed service delivery systems.
- Evaluate and discuss if the changes are still evident today or have become extinct.
Examples of issues may include, but are not limited to, the Civil Rights Movement, Family Medical Leave Act, GI Bill, work/life balance, and childhood vaccinations.
- By the due date assigned, prepare a 6- to 7-page report. Your response should rely upon at least three sources from professional literature. This may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov). Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.