Berke, D. M. (2016). Drive-by-doctoring: Contractual issues and regulatory solutions to increase patient protection from surprise medical bills. American Journal of Law and Medicine, 42(1), 170-189. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0098858816644720
Computers, software; minimizing Medicare fraud internally. (2015). State & Local Health Law Weekly, 23.
DuBois, J. M., Walsh, H. A., Chibnall, J. T., Anderson, E. E., Eggers, M. R., Fowose, M., & Ziobrowski, H. (2017). Sexual violation of patients by physicians: A mixed-methods, exploratory analysis of 101 cases. Sexual Abuse: A Journal of Research and Treatment. ePub. Retrieved from: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1079063217712217
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Hospitals sued: Claims of sexual abuse, harassment. (2016, April 1) Healthcare Risk Management, 38(4). Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Kim, C. J. (2014). The trial of Conrad Murray: Prosecuting physicians for criminally negligent over-prescription. American Criminal Law Review 51(517). Retrieved from: http://www.americancriminallawreview.com/files/3214/0943/7056/Kim.pdf
Licensed professional counselors sentenced for roles in $9.5 million fraudulent billing health care fraud scheme to siphon and steal money from workers’ compensation program. (2016). Lanham: Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.
New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners imposes 5-year suspension on former prison doctor whose ‘gross negligence’ contributed to the death of state prison inmate in 2009 (2016, Aug 04). US Fed News Service. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Showalter, J. S. (2015) Chapter 1: The Anglo-American legal system. In The law of healthcare administration. Chicago: Health Administration Press.
Showalter, J. S. (2015) Chapter 15: Fraud laws and corporate compliance. In The law of healthcare administration. Chicago: Health Administration Press.
Teegardin, C., Robbins, D., Ernsthausen, J., & Hart, A. (2016) Doctors & sexual abuse. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved from: http://doctors.ajc.com/
U.S. Department of Justice (2016, July 6). Dental management company Benevis and its affiliated Kool Smiles Dental Clinics to pay $23.9 million to settle False Claims Act allegations relating to medically unnecessary pediatric dental services. Retrieved from: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/dental-management-company-benevis-and-its-affiliated-kool-smiles-dental-clinics-pay-239
Benevis, Kool Smiles to pay $23.9 million in settlement with Department of Justice. (2018, Jan 12). ADA News. Retrieved from https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada-news/2018-archive/january/benevis-kool-smiles-to-pay-239-million-in-settlement-with-department-of-justice
Dance, S. (2014, Sep 03) Dando won’t face trial: Sexual assault charges dropped; doctor gives up his state license. The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Metrick, B. (2017, Mar 02). Doctor guilty of sexual assault, drugging. Public Opinion. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Sanderson, S. (2018, Jan 26) Casper doctor found guilty of sexually assaulting patients. Casper Star Tribune. Retrieved from: http://trib.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/casper-doctor-found-guilty-of-sexually-assaulting-patients/article_e323fd54-ad21-5681-a70e-639d589274f0.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1
Temecula doctor convicted of 25 charges in sexual assault case. (2017, March 1). Temecula Patch.Retrieved from: https://patch.com/california/temecula/temecula-doctor-convicted-25-charges-sexual-assault-case
Twohey, M. (2010, Apr 30) Women charged rape; doctor still practiced: Since 2000, 7 women have accused Dr. Bruce Sylvester Smith of sexual assault. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved from: http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/chi-100430doctor-story.html
The 2018 trial of gymnastics doctor Dr. Larry Nassar has shone a light on sexual abuse and misconduct by medical professionals. After reviewing the background literature, discuss the following in a 3- to 5-page paper.
- Choose a case focused on assault and/or sexual abuse from the background readings or from your own research and provide a brief synopsis of the case and the outcome.
- After reviewing State Report Cards, provide an analysis of the current state of protections for victims as well as penalties for perpetrators. Be sure to provide specific examples to support your analysis.
State report cards retrieved from: Datar, S. (2016). State report cards: How well does your state protect patients? The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved from: http://doctors.ajc.com/states/
- What are the ethical responsibilities of other professionals (colleagues, medical boards, employers, etc.) who may be aware of improper conduct by a medical provider? Be sure to discuss ethical principles covered earlier in the course.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3-5 pages.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources, and use at least 3 references. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php and for evaluating internet sources:
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/