To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements.
Section 1: Statement of Expected Benefits
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
What are the benefits of a culturally competent health care organization?
Improved health outcomes; alignment and allocation of limited resources; patient retention and access to care; patient satisfaction; more offered services; more diverse staff and a more culturally and linguistic competent workforce. In this section, provide:
- Assessment of demographics: population, cultures, race, and so on.
- Stakeholders in the process.
- Structural changes.
- Culturally responsive services offered.
Section 2: Description of Organizational Background
- A brief a history of the organization and population you have chosen, especially the cultural group disparities.
- Cultural characteristics such as values, beliefs, traditions, folktales, and attitudes toward health care.
- A discussion of the local demographics—does the cultural population(s) chosen reflect the state of the health care industry and disparities studied?
- Identification of the diverse backgrounds of people in the workforce of the organization selected and compare them to the population(s) served. For example, are predominantly white, non-Hispanics serving a predominantly Asian population?
Section 3: Analysis of Organizational Needs
Identify, assess, and evaluate health care needs as follows:
- Identify any changes needed in the organization’s vision or mission statements towards the targeted cultural group as it relates to disparities.
- Describe the diversity in the current workforce, as it relates to the current and changing cultures and health care needs.
- Assess the current state of cultural competence, described in your Pérez and Luquis textbook, as ranging from “unconsciously incompetent to unconsciously competent” (Purnell Model, p. 108).
- Describe any assessment model or tool used.
- Consider alternative views of return on investment (ROI) for a culturally competent organization.
- Assess organizational needs, and evaluate how the current organization is meeting health care needs. Identify specific needs, and make suggestions for meeting those needs.
- Describe what you think are the most significant challenges for the leadership in transforming the organization to one that is culturally competent.
Section 4: Proposed Initiatives to Address Needs
This section is a proposal to develop, design, and execute a culturally competent health care plan:
- State agreement with current purpose, vision, mission, supporting policies and procedures, or make recommendations.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis relative to cultural competency.
- Assess and make recommendations regarding executive or leadership support in developing and implementing the cultural competence plan.
- Consider the possible impact of a champion, a more diverse leadership team, or more engagement by the board.
- Analyze any assessments, like self-assessments, role-play, or hands-on practice in engaging cultural and linguistic differences in various health care settings, from intake through delivery.
- How do you see the role of health care leadership in engaging the community (governance)?
- Who is responsible for staff development, who should lead the effort, and what training should be implemented?
- How do you propose to design, develop, and implement a more culturally sensitive understanding for diverse health care users?
- List your top five recommendations.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Format: Include a cover page and table of contents.
- Abstract: Include a brief summary of the contents
- Body: Include the four sections detailed above, which should include:
- Population background for cultural groups selected.
- Identification of organization needs, with primary reasons for selection.
- Assessment tools selected.
- Summary of conclusions.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th Edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 3 resources, not including course textbooks.
- Length of paper: 8–10 typed double-spaced pages, not including the cover page and table of contents.
- Font and font size: Arial 10 point or Times New Roman 12 point.