Select one of the following theories that you feel best applies to treating the client in the case study:
- Rational Emotive Behavioral
Write a 750-1,000-word analysis of the case study using the theory you chose. Include the following in your analysis.
- What concepts of the theory make it the most appropriate for the client in the case study?
- Why did you choose this theory over the other theory?
- What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
- Is the theory designed for short- or long-term counseling?
- What will be the counselor’s role with this client?
- What is the client’s role in counseling?
- For what population(s) is this theory most appropriate? How does this theory address the social and cultural needs of the client?
- What additional information might be helpful to know about this case?
- What may be a risk in using this approach?
Include at least three scholarly references in your paper.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Each response to the assignment prompts should be addressed under a separate heading in your paper. Refer to “APA Headings and Seriation,” located on the Purdue Owl website for help in formatting the headings.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Case Study Analysis
Client Name: Ana
Client age: 24
Client states, “I recently lost my job and feel hopeless. I can’t sleep and don’t feel like eating.” Client also reports she has lost 10 pounds during the last two months. Client states that she is a solo parent and is worried about becoming homeless. Client states, “I worry all the time. I can’t get my brain to shut off. My husband is in the military and currently serving in an overseas combat zone for the next eight months. I worry about him all the time.”
Client arrived 30 minutes early for her appointment. Client stated that she had never been in counseling before. Client depressed and anxious, as evidenced by shaking hands and tearfulness as she filled out her intake paperwork. Ana made little eye contact as she described what brought her into treatment. Client speech was halting. Client affect flat. Client appeared willing to commit to eight sessions of treatment authorized by her insurance company.
Client is a 24-year-old first-generation immigrant from Guatemala. Ana was furloughed from her job as a loan officer at local bank three months ago. Client reported that she was from a wealthy family in Guatemala, but does not want to ask for help. Client speaks fluent Spanish.
Client has completed one year of college with a major in business. Client states that she left college after her son was born as she found it difficult to manage a baby, college, and a full-time job.
Client is the middle of four siblings. Client has two older brothers and one younger sister. Client’s parents have been married for 27 years. Client states that she has had a “close” relationship with her family, although she states that her father is a “heavy drinker.” Client states that all her brothers and sisters have graduated from college and have professional careers. Client states that her father is a banker and her mother is an educator. Client states that she has not seen her family for 1 year. Client has a 1-year-old son and states that she is sometimes “overwhelmed” by raising him alone.
· Lack of family and supportive friends
· Financial problems due to job loss
· Husband deployed overseas
· Raising a baby by herself
Attached is an example of what the paper should be like….