Write a 7 page white paper that examines how academic work helps professional success, analyzes the requirements for psychology professionals, and develops an action plan to achieve professional goals.
A white paper originally referred to a government report and meant that the paper was authoritative and informative. White papers today have taken on a broader meaning and are used when a writer wants to make an argument for a specific position or propose a solution to a problem. Typically, the audience for a white paper is the general public seeking a solution to their problems, or answers to their questions.
RESOURCES TO USE: AND CAN USE OTHERS
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Rodolfa, E., Baker, J., DeMers, S., Hilson, A., Meck, D., Schaffer, J., & … Webb, C. (2014). Professional psychology competency initiatives: implications for training, regulation, and practice. South African Journal of Psychology, 44(2), 121–135.
Yarmey, D. A. (2014). How I got started: From verbal learning to eyewitness and earwitness testimony to applied sport psychology. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 28(3), 443–444.
Hill, C. E., Lystrup, A., Kline, K., Gebru, N. M., Birchler, J., Palmer, G., & … Pinto-Coelho, K. (2013). Aspiring to become a therapist: Personal strengths and challenges, influences, motivations, and expectations of future psychotherapists. Counselling Psychology Quarterly, 26(3/4), 267–293.
Memon, A. (2015). My journey from research to impact: Long road and much traffic. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 29(1), 156–157.
- Careers in the field of psychology. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://careersinpsychology.org/psychology-careers/
- Fowler, G., & Hamilton, A. (n.d.). Speaking of psychology: Planning for a successful career. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/research/action/speaking-of-psychology/career-planning.aspx
- American Psychological Association. (n.d.). . Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/careers/early-career/career-development/
Within your white paper, include the following:
- Explain how enrolling in a master’s degree in psychology program will help you succeed professionally.
- How will this program prepare you to help others in the area of psychology you plan to go into?
- How do the expectations of you as a practitioner-scholar help prepare you for professional success?
- What role will research play in your career, and what type of research do you want to do?
- What insights did you gain from the research you conducted for Assessment 3?-THE RESEARCH QUESTION: “confidential relationship that exists between a client and a psychologist”
- 2.Analyze the requirements for a psychology professional.
- Describe the skills and competencies needed to be successful in the field of psychology.
- Explain the laws and policies that guide the practice of psychology.
- Explain the ethical conduct expected of a psychology professional.
- Outline the process to become a psychology professional, such as credentialing, certification, licensure, and so on.
- 3. Compare the requirements to become a psychology professional with the skills and knowledge you already possess.
- Where are the greatest gaps in knowledge?
- What areas of concern do you have (if any)?
- 4. Develop an action plan to achieve your professional goals. (Please focus on the major milestones and do not get lost in the enormous number of smaller steps that you might take.)
- In addition to completing your program, will you also participate in any additional training or volunteer opportunities?
- Will you create opportunities in your current position that will help you build skill and knowledge?
- What professional groups and organizations might you join to help with networking or informational interviews?
- How will you stay current with the research and literature in the field? What resources will you use to help develop the competencies needed to be successful both professionally and academically?
- At least 5 current scholarly or professional resources.