Assignment 1: Discussion—Why is academic integrity important?
This course’s syllabus states: “In an effort to foster a spirit of honesty and integrity during the learning process, that the submission of all course assignments represent the original work produced by that student. All sources must be documented through normal scholarly references/citations and all work must be submitted using the current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.”
Why is source documentation and plagiarism such an important topic in academics? Is avoiding plagiarism and citing sources correctly just as important in the professional world? What are the penalties for academic dishonesty and are these penalties appropriate?Then, do the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
* Identify one article regarding academic integrity.
* Summarize the contents and the merits of the article you find.
* Include the properly written reference for the article you selected.
Write your initial response in about 150–200 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Quote or paraphrase at least two outside sources in your answer.
By Saturday, November 4, 2017, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Tuesday, November 7, 2017, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Grading Criteria and Rubric
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria Maximum Points
Identified an article regarding academic integrity. 8
Summarized the contents and the merits of the selected article. 12
Properly included the reference for the selected article. 16
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 4
Assignment 2: Feedback on an Essay
In this module, you have an opportunity to submit a paper you are writing or have written for another class. You will receive feedback on the following:
2 Quality of thesis statement and overall content
3 Structure/organization of the essay
4 Effective use of sources and citation
Do the following to complete this assignment:
• Submit a paper of your choice written in a Word document along with the original assignment instructions to a paper review service—turnitin.com.
• Review the report generated by turnitin.com, and fix the citation errors identified in the report.
• Submit the updated document, the turnitin.com originality report, and the assignment instructions to the M10: Assignment 2 Dropbox for a content and grammar review.
Note that the purpose of this exercise is to provide you with additional constructive feedback on your writing, not to challenge the other course instructor’s evaluation of your work.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M10_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, November 8, 2017, deliver your assignment to the M10: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria Maximum Points
Reviewed and fixed the citation errors identified in the report generated by turnitin.com. 36
Submitted the updated documents to the dropbox. 4
Used correct grammar, wrote a correct thesis statement and overall content, organized the essay appropriately, and indicated the sources of cit
Assignment 2: Fieldwork Observation Task
Deliver Fieldwork Plan
Create a plan for your first fieldwork to be conducted in Module 3, including the following details: • The contact person for your fieldwork.
* The type of fieldwork you will conduct.
* Any organization you plan to visit.
* Background information on the organization to include mission, purpose, and goals.
* The date for your fieldwork.
* Your expectations regarding the fieldwork in terms of material covered in the course. For example, what do you hope to gain from the fieldwork you have selected related to the material presented in the course?
* The plan for the fieldwork, along with a possible backup fieldwork plan. The backup plan should include one, or possibly two, additional fieldwork you will be able to conduct in the event an originally planned fieldwork falls through for any number of reasons.
Write your response in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document.
* By the due date assigned, save your paper as M2_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc and submit it to the Submissions Area
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria Maximum Points
Summarized information regarding the contact person for your fieldwork experience and the date for your fieldwork experience. 24
Identified and explained the type of fieldwork you will conduct. 20
Identified and mentioned an organization appropriate for your fieldwork.. 20
Analyzed and explained your expectations regarding the fieldwork, in terms of material covered in the course. 20
Created and clearly described your plan for the fieldwork along with at least one possible backup plan. 8
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 8
Name of Professional;
* – Dennis Robertson
Affiliation of the Profession
* – Forensic Psychologist
Degrees and Licensure
* – To be licensed as a forensic psychologist, one needs a Doctoral Degree in Psychology, either counselling psychology or clinical psychology. The background to achieving this is a PhD in Clinical Psychology. Board certification in the American Board of Forensic Psychology follows. This way, individuals get certification as Diplomats of Forensic Psychology.
Types of training in forensic psychology
* – Training is done through the process of acquiring a degree, Masters, PhD or doctorate in Forensic Psychology.
Primary job responsibilities
* – The conducting of the assessment of individuals especially in relation of the risk of re-offenses by prisoners.
* – Conducting a statistical analysis on the forensic profiling of clients.
Client Population Served
* – Crime victims
* – Prisoners
Any ethical conflicts the professional routinely encounters
* – As with any other professions, ethical conflicts are inevitable and one of these is confidentiality causing harm to an interested party
* – The existence of an unconscious form of bias also translates to an ethical conflict especially when dealing with individuals.
Recommendations to a graduate student in forensic psychology
* – The higher the educational achievement and experience of a Forensic Psychologist, the higher one is likely to earn in remuneration. There is a great need to work on the two.
Reflection on what you learned from the fieldwork experience
* – From the field work, Forensic Psychology is one of the areas of study and practice that does not get the attention and credit it deserves given the huge role it plays in the society.
A list of three potential workplace locations
* – An administrator of polygraph to assess criminal offenders in a prison
* – In the community service center as a mental health professional.
* – In a courthouse as an expert witness
Why each might be of interest
As a polygraph administrator in a prison, the primary responsibility would be that of assessing the prisoners. This would be of interest in ensuring that those prisoners that are about to be paroled are not likely to engage in criminal activity again. The likelihood of a criminal to commit a criminal offense in the future would also be established through a polygraph administration, facilitating the monitoring of such individuals and ensuring that the society is kept safe from such people through regular monitoring (Weiner, & Goldstein, 2012).
Working in a community health center as a health professional would be an area of interest given the role that it would play in facilitating the identification of individuals who have mental health problems that pose a threat to the rest of the community. Working in the community health center would also provide an opportunity through which the mental wellbeing of the members of the community would be enhanced through regular assessment (DeMatteo, Marczyk, Krauss, & Burl, 2009).
The workplace location of a Courthouse as an expert witness would be an area of interest as well. This is because, based on expert witnessing, individuals that are guilty would get incarcerated to have them pay for their crimes. On the other hand, people that have been wrongfully imprisoned would be freed based on the expert witness given (Weiner, & Goldstein, 2012).
DeMatteo, D., Marczyk, G., Krauss, D., & Burl, J. (2009). Educational and training models in forensic psychology. Training and Education in Professional Psychology. 184-191, 3(3), 184-191.
Weiner, I. B., & Goldstein, A. M. (2012). Handbook of Psychology, Forensic Psychology. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley and Sons.