Please check the CRITERIA attached at the end!
Write 3–4 pages describing the effective use of patient-care technologies, communication systems, and information systems across the care continuum of a health care system of your choice. Add a one-page executive summary your organization could use to disseminate these ideas.
Because a lack of knowledge when using technology can lead to errors in patient care, effective use of technology in health care is paramount to providing a safe health care delivery environment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 3: Explain the use of information management tools and technologies to monitor and improve health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Describe effective use of technology across the care continuum in a health care setting.
- Describe how to manage change and technology to improve positive outcomes.
- Support description of effective patient care with current nursing and informatics theoretical ideas.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with expectations of a nursing professional.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- How might standardized nursing language (SNL), interprofessional communication, information system support, staff and patient education, organizational culture, and state and national regulations influence technology use?
- What are the complexities in using technology across a continuum of care?
- What are the opportunities?
- What are the barriers?
- How can we manage change and technology use to develop improved patient outcomes?
In the role of a nurse leader, describe the effective use of patient-care technologies across the care continuum in a chosen health care system.
Choose any type of health care system, for example, acute, ambulatory, or home health or telehealth.
Submit the following for this assessment:
Technology Across the Care Continuum
Include the following in your 3–4-page description:
- A brief overview of the care continuum in your selected health care system.
- Describe the types of patient-care technologies and how they are used across the care continuum in your system. Be sure to include communication and information systems.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the systems and describe how to manage change and technology to improve patient outcomes.
- Support your description of effective patient care with current nursing and informatics theoretical ideas.
Based on the description above, add a 1-page executive summary that captures the following points:
- Current state of technology across the care continuum in your system.
- Proposed improvements.
- Risks of making or not making changes or improvements.
- Recommended next steps.
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Number of resources: Cite a minimum of four peer-reviewed resources.
- Length: Submit 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12 point.