Select a state regulation from a state of your choice on one of the below topics. Prepare an annotated copy of the regulation, including the sections you reviewed to answer the questions in the following format:
Prepare a four (4) to five (5) page written response addressing all information in the following table. Text must be double spaced. Also include a cover page and a reference page in APA Format (these do not count toward the page limit). Highlight five (5) notable parts of the regulation. For each of the parts, describe how the patient, provider, product developer, health care organization and/or payer may be impacted. Remember to write in narrative format except for titles. Use citations and attach the notated regulation. You must submit your topic in Week Five. Note a maximum of three (3) students may select the same topic. The topics are as follows:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Required immunization of front line workers for influenza and other potentially contagious diseases
2. Required reporting of elder and child abuse and neglect by health professionals
3. Long-term care facilities required service offerings
4. Certificate of need programs used to assess the need for new health service providers
5. Required and optional reporting of certain sexually transmitted diseases
6. Parental notification and consent for treatment requirements of pregnant minors
7. Patients must consent to participate in research studies, including granting permission to use their biological tissues for tissue banks or organ banks
8. Health Information Exchange oversight and requirements (must select a state with a Health Information Exchange in operation)
9. Alcohol and drug treatment facility regulations
CLARIFICATION: Select ONE specific state regulation/law from ONE state that addresses your chosen topic. Then highlight/select FIVE notable parts of the regulation. Then, in a paper format (NOT in the table), answer all the inquires from the table. That includes analyzing all five parts of the regulation and its impact on the noted stakeholders in the table.
|Student Name:||Type your name here.|
|Assignment #3 Title:||Provide a short name for the paper and the official title of the state regulation.|
|Agency Responsible:||Identify the state agency and subunit (such as a bureau or office) responsible for oversight of the regulation.|
|Incentives and Enforcement:||What carrot (incentives) and sticks (enforcements and punishments) are noted in the regulation? Is there training for personnel? Is technical assistance provided?|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #1:||How does this section of the regulation impact payers/insurers/health plans, health care professionals, health provider organizations, or health product developers?|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #2:||How does this section of the regulation impact payers/insurers/health plans, health care professionals, health provider organizations, or health product developers?|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #3:||How does this section of the regulation impact payers/insurers/health plans, health care professionals, health provider organizations, or health product developers?|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #4:|
|Key Aspect of the Regulation #5:|
|Notated Copy of the Rules:||Attach a copy of the regulation that you have marked up. Underline, highlight or note key sections. Mark them (1), (2), (3), etc. You may use technology to mark up in PDF or print, handwrite and scan the regulation. Specifically:
1. Print out the regulation, write in notes and/or highlight the printed copy, use a scanner to scan in the document in PDF format, and then attach to the back of your paper, or submit as a separate, second file online.
2. Save the regulation in PDF format (you could copy the text and paste into Word, then Save As a PDF file). Open up Adobe Acrobat and add comments and/or highlights via the Comments function. Then attach to the back of your paper or submit as a separate, second file online.