Week 3 Assignment – Developing a Theory of Terrorism
- Moral Psychology of Terrorism (2013) Introduction
- Horgan, J. G. (2017). Psychology of terrorism: Introduction to the special issue. American Psychologist, 72(3), 199-204. doi:10.1037/amp0000148
3. Reich, W. (1998) Origins of terrorism: Psychologies, ideologies, theologies, states of mind. Washington DC: Woodrow Wilson Center Press
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
4. Jaber, H. (1999) Hezbollah: Born with a vengeance. New York, NY: Columbia University Press.
5. Toolis, K. (1997) Rebel hearts: Journeys within the IRA’s soul. St. Martin’s Press.
6. Randal, J. (2011) Osama: The making of a terrorist. New York, NY, Knoph.
· Craft a five (5) to six (6) page paper.
· Using any combination of theoretical, social, cultural, or other propositions from the course materials, create your model/theory in such a way that it best represents your understanding of the motivations of terrorism.
o Ground the theory developed in psychological, social, political, religious, or other foundational basis.
o Identify the ways in which terrorist behavior is influenced by internal, environmental, and socio-cultural factors.
§ In your model/theory, some areas you may want to discuss are the psychological motivations, perceptions of reward, social factors, influence of the group, religious motivations, political motivations, inspiring others, and other similar areas.
· Provide details and examples of existing models/theories and terrorism events within your work.
o Details and examples should substantiate your model/theory, providing support for the propositions made.
· Close with a brief discussion of the effectiveness of terrorism in meeting the goals of the organization or the individual actor.
· Include references to the available course materials, .
· Papers should be formatted according to 6th edition APA style.
o Include a separate
o for all sources cited in-text.