Prewriting and Annotated Bibliography Directions
Prewriting and planning are essential to writing an effective essay, so for this week’s assignment, you will complete the prewriting and planning steps of the process for developing the Research Essay. Additionally, you will also include an annotated bibliography, which includes a full APA Style reference followed by a brief summary of the source, and a description of how that source may be used in your essay. To complete the prewriting assignment, you will submit one document (or perhaps multiple documents) that include ALL of the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- A prewriting/”discovering” exercise to generate lots of ideas, like freewriting, brainstorming, or concept mapping. (3 points)
- A working thesis statement (directly addresses the prompt; most effective as the last sentence of the introduction. (2 points)
- An outline of your essay. (5 points)
- An annotated bibliography with 6 sources. Make sure to review this document for information about how the annotated bibliography should be constructed. (10 points)
Select one of these topics for your Research Essay:
- Research the different medical professions (nursing, MD, DO, DDS, OD, etc.) and investigate a method that is being used to integrate them, such as electronic healthcare records or a specific reason why they need to be integrated. Do not try to tell the reader if the integration effort is good or bad; just present research about this new direction of healthcare.
- Research a drug that is either in common use or is new to healthcare. Do not try to tell the reader if the drug is good or bad; just present what’s known about the drug, including its history, uses and precautions, and what information is out there about it.
- Your own research topic. You must discuss this with the professor and have the topic approved before moving forward.
Whichever topic you choose, your essay must include the following:
- At least one direct quotation from each source named on your references page
- At least one paraphrase from each source named on your references page
- At least 4 unique sources total, cited and referenced properly on a references page
- A clear thesis statement in the introductory paragraph
- Excellent organization of your ideas
- A word count of 1000 words, at minimum