MMPI – 3 To 5 Pages
For this assignment, you will review a major personality measure, the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2). Your review will consist of two parts:
- For this part, you will prepare a brief overview of the history and development of the MMPI-2 (approximately 1 page). Address:
- type of psychological test
- a brief description of the instrument
- the administration, scoring and interpretation
- a statement about the reliability and validity
- any social/cultural/ethical issues pertinent to the test.
- In this part, you will evaluate the test’s validity. Be sure to address:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Is the MMPI-2 high or low on content validity and face validity? Explain why.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a test with high face validity?
- Discuss the four Validity scales and how each one assesses validity.
Be sure to support your conclusions with information drawn from the online content, the textbook, and other credible, scholarly sources to substantiate the points you are making. Apply APA standards to writing and citations to your work.
Good resources would also include Mental Measurements Yearbook and Tests in Print.
- Launch the online library.
- Click on Behavioral Sciences under Browse By Subject on the library homepage.
- Scroll through the alphabetical list of databases and click on Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print to launch the database.
Your paper should be double-spaced and in 12 point, Times New Roman or Arial font with normal one-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of typographical and grammatical errors. It should include a title page with a running head and a reference page. The body of the paper should be between 3-5 pages in length.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria Maximum Points Described the instrument, administration, scoring and interpretation. 15 Stated the reliability and validity of the instrument. 10 Identified any social/cultural/ethical issues pertinent to the test. 15 Provided the names and summary of the Clinical, Validity & Content scales. 10 Described the content and face validity of the MMPI. 15 Listed advantages and disadvantages of face validity. 15 Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 20 Total: 100