Select a news article(s) that discuss the economic concept that you chose as a topic for your term paper. Usually it is enough to choose just one article, however if you can find more than one article, you can use them.
At least one news article should be dated within the previous two months.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your task for the Term Paper is to analyze the issue described in the article using the economic concepts and theory learned in this class. Refer to the course content materials and use specific economic vocabulary within your term paper. The article you choose may not use these exact terms; therefore, it is incumbent upon you to convert the article language into economic language as is appropriate.
Include at least one graph developed in our course.
Please note the Term paper should be written in your own words. You can use short quotes from the article(s) to support your statements. However the size of these quotes should be reduced to minimum. No more than 20% of the text of the term paper should be made up of quotes. (less is better!!!).
Please also avoid copying the materials from any textbooks, including our textbook.
Please be aware that Wikipedia, Investopedia, and other on-line dictionaries and encyclopedias are not verifiable sources of reliable information. Acceptable sources of the information are: research papers, newspaper articles, and books.
Please note that this is the course of microeconomics, so you should choose the concepts related to microeconomics (not macroeconomics).
Possible concepts include:
- taxes and consumer or producer surplus
- demand, supply, and equilibrium price of a particular product
- elasticity on a particular product
- perfect competition and imperfect competition, such as monopolies
- labor market, wages, and income inequality
- poverty and public policy
- another topic selected by the professor
Format of the Paper:
Written projects must be:
- typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, with margins no wider than one inch
- have footnotes or endnotes, with correct citations
- have a bibliography of sources used
- include, for each entry, the author, title, city and state of publisher, publisher’s name, year, and page numbers
- prepared using word processing software (Microsoft Word preferred), in a manner similar to the preparation of a written assignment for classroom submission
The Term Paper must be posted to the LEO Student Assignments as a Attachments are limited to a maximum two files in doc, docx., xls. xlsx., or rtf. formats. OTHER FORMATS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE, will not be reviewed or graded.
The Term Paper should be about 3-5 or more double-spaced typewritten pages (without tables and graphs)
Please note that hand-written and scanned works, pdf. files, jpg. files, as well as files posted in google drive, will not be accepted or graded.
The paper should be written in APA style Research Paper format.
Please note that Use of APA Citation Methodology is required for the assignment
In accordance with the UMUC Academic Policy, notes taken for papers and research projects should accurately record sources of material to be cited, appropriately quoted, or summarized, and papers and research projects should acknowledge these sources in the appropriate places in the text of the paper as well as in a reference list at the end of the paper, in accordance with accepted citation practices.
All works must be Word processed. Handwritten and scanned work will not be accepted and graded.
The links to APA citation methodology are posted in Content – Course Resources – Writing Resources.