Mental Health Practicum–Week 10 Journal Entry
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Develop effective documentation skills to examine group therapy sessions with
children and adolescents *
· Develop diagnoses for child and adolescent clients receiving group
· Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling child and adolescent clients with psychiatric disorders *
Select two clients you observed or counseled this week during a group therapy session for children and adolescents. Note: The two clients you select must have attended the same group session.
Then, address in your Practicum Journal the following:
· Using the Group Therapy Progress Note in this week’s Learning Resources,
document the group session.
· Describe each client (without violating HIPAA regulations), and identify any
pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
· Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for each client.
· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling each client.
· Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 17, “Psychotherapy with Children” (pp. 597–624)
- Chapter 20, “Termination and Outcome Evaluation” (pp. 693–712)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
McGillivray, J. A., & Evert, H. T. (2014). Group cognitive behavioural therapy program shows potential in reducing symptoms of depression and stress among young people with ASD. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 44(8), 2041–2051. doi:10.1007/s10803-014-2087-9
Restek-Petrović, B., Bogović, A., Mihanović, M., Grah, M., Mayer, N., & Ivezić, E. (2014). Changes in aspects of cognitive functioning in young patients with schizophrenia during group psychodynamic psychotherapy: A preliminary study. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry, 68(5), 333–340. doi:10.3109/08039488.2013.839738
Microtraining Associates (Producer). (2009). Leading groups with adolescents [Video file]. Alexandria, VA: Author.
Psychotherapy.net (Producer). (2002). Adlerian parent consultation [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Author.
Psychotherapy.net (Producer). (2012). Group counseling with adolescents: A multicultural approach [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Author.
N:B. PLEASE PART OF THE CONTRACT IS TO HAVE IT READY IN 12 HOURS