This assignment submission is in the form of written report performed by an individual and need to written in a brief, formal business style using single spacing and font size 12. You can make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections deemed fit to present the assignment in a very convincing manner. Your work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system. The total word count of the report should be around 2,500 words, but you will not be penalised for exceeding the word limit.
Assignment Brief and Guidance:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Digital technology has revolutionised in accordance with the way in which business is carried out. Over the last decade it has been extremely changed from the traditional business models
to transformed modern competitive business activities.
The use of digital mobile technology has provided businesses with a wealth of choice and opportunity. This has enabled existing products to become more profitable and directed to innovative new products leading to increasingly diversified product portfolios.
The impact of digital technology is evident at all key business systems including administration, communication, customer service, storage and distribution, production and marketing so on.
Oman is one of the country in gulf region constantly upgrading the digital technology especially in banking, educational and research institutions and industrial sectors to sustain growth and development. The Small and Medium Enterprise, (SME) and youth funding schemes were developed to support and finance the graduate and youth entrepreneurs in the country. The digital technology has a positive role in supporting small business growth and innovation.
Think that you have been appointed as a Project Manager by the National Bank of Oman, and you have been asked to initiate a business project that incorporate digital technology and give scope to study the impact of digital technology on the business growth and innovation.
You may choose any kind of the projects like production, banking, marketing, servicing, outsourcing and so on, but digital technology application must exit in the project planning and implementation.
Based on the research and findings of your project on the impact of digital technology in
supporting small business growth and innovation you have to produce a project report.
Your project report should cover the following:
Task 1: Devise project aims and objectives for a chosen project (Grade available: LO1-P1)
Task 2: Produce a project management plan that covers aspects of cost, scope, time, quality, communication, risk and resources (Grade available: LO1-P2).
Task 3: Produce a work breakdown structure and a Gantt chart to provide timeframes and stages for project completion (Grade available: LO1-P3).
Task 5: Carry out small-scale research by applying qualitative and quantitative research
methods appropriate for meeting project aims and objectives (Grade available: LO2-P4).
Apart from meeting the above project contents you have been asked to produce
documentations/annexures on the following project criteria.
- You have been asked to submit a project management plan and a completed log book as an evidence for the unit. ( Format is attached at the end of the assignment)
- The project management plan is designed to define how the project is to be planned, executed and monitored.
- The project management plan should give details of the actions required for the integration and co-ordination of various planning activities to carry out the project.
- The project log book is designed to provide evidence of the project development process and ongoing reflection. It should provide evidence that the student has thought about the direction of their project and in particular, what problems they encountered and steps taken to address them.
Resources and useful links:
Suggested resources and links that may find useful to you are shown below:
Type of Resource, Resources Titles and Links
Useful resources for the impacts of digital technology in the workplace, on small businesses and
the future of the workforce.
- Published Reports:
- World Economic Forum – How technology will change the way we work
- Deloitte – Digital workplace and culture: How digital technologies are changing the workforce and how enterprises can adapt and evolve
- Fast and Furious: How Digital Technologies are changing the way we work.
- Digital Capabilities in SMEs: Evidence Review and Re-survey of 2014 Small Business Survey
- The Digital Imperative: Small Businesses technology and growth.
- New Ways of Working: The Way we Work is changing Forever
2. Online web report:
The Future of Work 2015