There are various types of plans consumers can select. MCOs, HMOs, PPOs, POSs, or ACOs are the most common ones; however they all supply various benefits and drawbacks. Consumers (patients) have the right to choose the type of plan that best fits their needs. In fact, health care is a consumer-driven industry and as health care costs have continued to increase, consumer-driven health plans (CDHP) have become the next new thing (after managed care) (Fronstin & MacDonald, 2008). As a health care leader, it is vital that you understand the differences in these plans.
Fronstin, P. & MacDonald, J. (2008). Consumer- Driven Health Plans: Are they Working. Retrieved from http://online.wsj.com/ad/employeebenefits-consumer_driven_plans.html
For the Module 2 Case Assignment, conduct additional research as needed and prepare a 3- to 4-page comparative essay. Your comparative analysis should include a detailed comparative chart (see example at the following source: https://philsblogspace.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/eco-chart.jpg?w=1400). In your comparative analysis and chart, you are to evaluate and discuss:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- The key features, differences, and disadvantages between MCOs, HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and ACOs.
- The key features of a Consumer-Driven Health Care Plan (CDHP).
- The future of CDHPs, MCOs, HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and ACOs.
You are to support your analysis and views with at least four scholarly references (i.e., peer-reviewed journal).
For additional information on how to write a comparative analysis, review the following source: https://writingcenter.fas.harvard.edu/pages/how-write-comparative-analysis
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your proposal.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages.
- Support your proposal with at least 4 peer-reviewed articles. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.