Empirical research is the foundation of scholarly research and scholarly writing. An empirical article is defined as one that reports actual results of a research study. An empirical article includes a description of the study, an introduction, a research question, an explanation of the study’s methodology, a presentation of the results of the study, and a conclusion that discusses the results and suggests topics for further study.
As you search the library for scholarly research, you should limit your search to identify empirical articles. (You can use the “Empirical Research Checklist” from DNP-801 to assist in this determination.) After finding an empirical study, begin to assess the validity of the conclusion by determining if the conclusion answers the proposed research question and if the methodology is appropriate.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
As you move forward in your doctoral journey, you will read research papers that will require you to assess the validity of the studies in question. To accomplish this, qualitative assessments about the research must be made by comparing, contrasting, and synthesizing what the research says.
In this assignment, you will continue to develop the skill of writing, by reviewing 15 research articles associated with your chosen topic and using the content to identify at least five major concepts and subthemes related to your topic.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of this assignment:
- Use the “Empirical Research Checklist” to assist in the determination of empirical articles.
- Use the “Research Article Chart” to provide a summary review of each component of your assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Part 1: Selection of 15 Articles
Select 15 empirical articles related to your PICOT question. Use the “Empirical Research Checklist” worksheet to ensure that each article you select meets all of the established criteria. At least one article must demonstrate a quantitative methodology.
Part 2: Research Article Chart
Using the articles acquired in Part 1, provide a summary review of each component using the “Research Article Chart” template.
Part 3: Synthesis of Research Studies
Based upon your review of the 15 research articles, identify at least five major concepts that relate to your project topic, and three subthemes related to each concept.
Using the information from the completed “Research Article Chart,” and the major concepts and subthemes you have identified, write a 2,000-3,000 word paper that synthesizes the content of the 15 research studies.
Summarize each major concept and focus on providing a detailed synthesis of the three identified subthemes that support that concept by addressing the following.
- Introduction of the identified subtheme
- Summary of the research questions posed by the studies
- Summary of the sample populations used
- Summary of the limitations of the studies
- Summary of the conclusion and recommendations for further research