For this Assignment, you will write about Sandra Lombardino’s ecomap that you submitted in Unit 8. In your paper, you will summarize and evaluate the influences of the environment on Sandra’s behavior and family system.
Using the ecomap you created as a resource, discuss the following topics about Sandra and her family:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Provide a one paragraph history about Sandra’s life to this point.
- Explain whether Sandra is in Integrity or Despair as defined by Erik Erikson in his Theory of Psychosocial Development. Explore how this transition crisis may be resolved by a HSP conducting a life review with Sandra.
- Using Sandra’s ecomap, describe what systems (influences) are causing the most stress and negative influence on Sandra’s behavior and decision making.
- Considering Stress Theory, what are some recommendations a HSP could make to Sandra to help her cope with her trauma/stress that may help her meet her goal of a long life expectancy?
- If you were working with Sandra and she provided consent to contact her family, do you believe that involving her adult children would make a positive impact to her family system? Explain why or why not.
- What role could Sandra’s adult children play in helping Sandra cope with her trauma/stress?
- Name one human services agency that serves older adults that may provide assistance to Sandra and her family. Explain how this agency would specifically help Sandra and her family with their current stressors.
- Considering all you have learned in HN144, what are some best practice approaches that a human service professional could use to help a multigenerational family experiencing a negative environment?
Your paper should be 8 complete paragraphs, resulting in approximately 2–3 pages of text in addition to the cover page and the final reference page. It also should be free of spelling and grammatical errors. Your Assignment should be double-spaced, using a 12 point Times New Roman font.
Your Assignment should include a cover page and a final reference page where you cite your course text and any other sources you choose to include in the paper. The only required source is your text.
You can explore the Kaplan Library or credible Internet sites for additional sources, but the text is your primary source of support. Your opinions also are valued, but it is important to keep in mind that your main objective in completing this project is to illustrate your knowledge of the course material.
It is important to always attribute credit to the proper sources when relying on the text, articles, websites, or other sources. You must credit your work when you:
- Summarize concepts and theories that you learned in the text, articles, or internet sources.
- Use others’ ideas, theories, and concepts in constructing Discussion topic responses or completing Assignments.
- Use direct quotes in the context of your paper (when quoting directly, you must use quotation marks).
Here is the case study so that you can read it as well and I will upload my ecomap for you that I did for this paper to be done.
Sandra Lombardino is 69 years old. Except for being overweight and having arthritis, she is in fairly good health. She is personable, well-groomed, kind, and articulate. She retired two years ago from her job as an elementary school teacher; she was well liked by students and her fellow teachers in her 33 years of teaching. She raised four children, all of whom have started careers and families of their own. Mrs. Lombardino would like to use her retirement years to travel and do volunteer work. She has worked hard for many years and has looked forward to enjoying her retirement. She is increasingly frustrated because her husband’s demands and offensive behavior are destroying her retirement dreams. Her husband, Benedito, has a number of health-care needs. Benedito used to be a carpenter and at one time was a good athlete. But he has been a heavy drinker for more than 40 years. When drunk, he has been physically and verbally abusive to his wife and to his children. His children left home to escape from him as soon as they were financially able to do so. The children love their mother but despise their father. In many ways, Sandra Lombardino has been a martyr. She took a marriage vow to stay married for better or worse until death. She has fulfilled that vow, despite the urging of her friends and relatives to seek a divorce. Several years ago, Benedito was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and had to stop working. He now receives a monthly disability check. Despite his illness, Benedito has continued to drink heavily and has developed high blood pressure and diabetes. He is grossly overweight and is often incontinent. The drinking and illnesses have caused brain deterioration; he now has difficulty walking, talking, and grooming himself, and he frequently hallucinates. His behavior has resulted in a loss of friends. Benedito has been pressured into attending a number of alcoholism treatment programs, including Alcoholics Anonymous, but he has always returned to drinking. Sandra Lombardino is in a quandary about what she should do. She is angry that she has to spend most of her waking hours caring for someone who is obnoxious and verbally abusive. She resents not being able to travel and to leave home to do volunteer work. Sometimes she wishes her husband would die so that she could get on with her life. At other times, she feels guilty about wishing he would die. She has contemplated getting a divorce, but such a process would mean her husband would get half of the property that she has worked so many years to acquire. She has also considered placing Benedito in a nursing home, but she feels an obligation to care for him herself and realizes that the expenses of a nursing home would deplete her life savings. Mrs. Lombardino feels that the cruelest injustice would be for her to die before her husband dies, so that she would be robbed of her chances to achieve her retirement dreams.