Frontier Capstone Sustainability | The Giant (Supermarket) Sustainability Challenge
As the famous adage goes, “we are what we eat.” However, how much do you really know about what you eat? Where was it grown or raised? How far did it travel? Who harvested it, processed it, packaged it, and delivered it? If we are lucky, we might be able to get some of these answers.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The Giant (Supermarket) Sustainability Challenge is an attempt to let our food tell a story. In some cases, the story is clear, simple, and straightforward. In others, we will be left scratching our heads. As you go through this activity, think about the various stakeholders in our food system, what motivates them, and what it would take to create a sustainable food system.
1. Find the product with the most food miles in the entire store.Name the product and how many miles has it traveled?
2. Find a local product. Where was it produced? Local means within 250 miles of DC
3. Find two products that have been labeled “natural.” Does “natural” have a standard definition? Look up the definition of natural
4. Find a food product with excessive packaging. How would you improve the packaging to include less materials without compromising food quality?
5. Find two products that have been labeled “USDA Organic.” Does “USDA Organic” have a standard definition? State the definition if there is one.
6. Is grass-fed beef available at Giant? If so, how does the cost compare to beef that is not grass-fed? If not, is there any beef that makes sustainability claims?
7. Build the most sustainable meal you can for a family of four. Your budget is $40. You must select a main dish, a side dish, a drink, and a dessert.Please show the products (with pictures—use your smart phone camera)that make up a meal for a family of 4.
Copy Paste questions to the word document and answer it. I live in Maryland , US. so you can make up stuff based on that. easiest way just go to giant.com or if you shop there a lot for groceries then it shouldn’t even take you more than 20-30 mins