For this assignment you are to examine a topic of lifespan development connecting research and life. Below is a list of topics from which you are to select one for the Outline of the Final Paper and the Final Paper. Make sure that the topic you select is different from the topics you selected for the Week Two and Week Three assignments.
Topic: Are adolescents more likely to engage in risk-taking behavior than older adults?
Once you have chosen your topic, examine the various theories of human development learned in the course and choose one or two that best assist you to understand the issues involved in your topic.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Review the following APA Sample Outline Handout for information on creating an outline.For this outline, address the following:
- Examine various theories of human development, describing relevant terminology, and addressing how the theory assists in the understanding of issues involved in the selected topic.
- Identify and describe at least two domains of human development (physical, biological, emotional, cognitive, and/or social) and how they are impacted by the chosen topic.
- Identify and describe the stages of development that are affected by the chosen topic.
- Describe the cultural and historical perspectives of the chosen topic, demonstrating an understanding of how the topic has been perceived over time and by other cultures. Provide relevant examples.
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Begin with an introduction to the selected topic in which you define all concepts that will be discussed in the paper.
- For example, if you select “How do memory and intelligence change as we age?”, as your topic, then you will need to define the terms memory, intelligence and aging.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Conclude with an answer to the selected question. Did the evidence you surveyed answer the question satisfactorily? Include your analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the available evidence.
- If possible, suggest the course that future research should take if answers to the selected question are less than conclusive.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, all of which must come from the Ashford University Library or Google Scholar.
- It is important that you ask yourself if the articles specifically address the selected topic. It is not always easy to find the right articles. Thus, give yourself some time to search before you finalize your selection.
- You may reference your textbook and other required materials from the course; however, these will not fulfill the resource requirement.
- Must include an annotated bibliography which briefly summarizes each article including the purpose of the investigation, its methodology, and results.
- If possible, select peer-reviewed articles that summarize the evidence available in a given field of study (e.g., meta-analysis combines the findings of different studies to uncover trends, commonalities and differences).
- Order the articles in the way you think you will discuss them in your paper. Then develop a summary of the scientific evidence that answers the question you selected.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- The reference section will be the final page of the paper.