Case Study 1: Applying Theory to Practice
Due Week 4 and worth 130 points
Social scientists have proposed a number of theories to explain juvenile delinquency. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. For this assignment, go to the following Website, located at and select one of the juvenile case studies.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
After reading the case, select one (1) of the psychological theories discussed in Chapter 4 of the text.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Summarize three (3) key aspects of the juvenile case study that you selected.
- Highlight at least three (3) factors that you believe are important for one to understand the origins of the juvenile’s delinquent behavior.
- Apply at least two (2) concepts from the theory that you chose from the text that would help explain the juvenile’s behavior.
- Identify one (1) appropriate strategy geared toward preventing delinquency that is consistent with the theory you chose.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.