For this assignment you will be stepping into the role of “expert”. You are one, of many, training specialists in your company and have been asked to submit a proposal for a training module for managers on how to meet the learning needs of their departmental employees.
The title of your proposed training will be “The Importance of Understanding Your Employees’/Learners’ Needs” and it will include two parts: the written portion and the “pitch”, which will be submitted as a screencast presentation that includes audio and visuals.
Part One: The Written Assignment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For the written portion of your final assignment, you will research and critically explain five topics (areas of content) in learning that you think would be important to teach others. These components will be aligned with the course content and the following Learning Theories:
- Behaviorism – repetition, reinforcement (feedback), association, and classical and operant conditioning
- Cognitivism – assimilation, accommodation, the information processing model, and intellectual stimulation
- Constructivism – scaffolding, metacognition, problem-solving and inquiry-based learning
- Humanism – holism, personal agency, individualization, and motivation
The five learning perspectives/principles you decide to focus on is up to you. In week four you submitted seven ideas to your instructor. Be sure to read this feedback to accurately choose the five you will use in the final.
The second requirement of the written assignment includes explaining five strategies that you would use if you were to teach/train the assigned managers. For example, you may want to use scaffolding or the use of rewards. Fully explain why you will use each of the strategies you choose and how they support the assigned employee group. In week four you submitted seven ideas. Be sure to look at your instructor feedback and choose the strategies that you feel would be the most important.
Required content elements of the written assignment:
- Must begin with an introduction paragraph that includes an overall summary of the purpose of the assignment.
- Five areas of learning psychology content must be explained fully and clearly demonstrate your understanding of the included content and its importance in understanding learners’ needs. As you explain your learning perspectives/principles, critically and elaborately justify why you have chosen them based on your learner group.
- Five strategies, for which you would use to successfully train the learner group, must be fully developed, including the rationales for how these strategies might be used, based on critical thought. Discussion of the specific needs these managers may have to fully benefit from your training module should also be included.
- A conclusion paragraph or section that fully summarizes the information within the paper and also includes the time frame that you predict it will take to complete the training (i.e. two weeks, one year, etc.) Substantiate this time frame with creative and critical thoughts about how your learners will best retain the information you want to teach them.
- Apply basic research methods and gather resources that will support your content.
Required technical elements of your written assignment:
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length, excluding title page and references, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- URL link to your screencast
- Must use at least four scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must be submitted to the Grammarly tool within the course prior to submission.
A Suggested Outline
Through the use of headings and subheadings, you should be able to thoroughly explain what you would like to teach and how you will approach your training. Please see the “PSY331 Suggested Outline format” document for an example.