- Length: At least 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- APA Template: Use the APA Style Paper Template as the paper format and the APA Style Paper Tutorial for guidance.
- Written communication: Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- References: Integrate information from outside sources to include at least two references (the case study and an academic peer-reviewed journal article) and three in-text citations within the paper.
- APA format: Follow current APA guidelines for in-text citation of outside sources in the body of your paper and also on the reference page.
For this assessment, you will develop a solution to a specific ethical dilemma faced by a health care professional. In your assessment:
- Access the Ethical Case Studies attached to review the case study you may use for this assessment
- Note: The case study may not supply all of the information you may need. In such cases, you should consider a variety of possibilities and infer potential conclusions. However, please be sure to identify any assumptions or speculations you make.
- Identify the case study you selected, briefly summarize the facts surrounding the case study, and identify the problem or issue in the case study that presents an ethical dilemma or challenge and describe that dilemma or challenge.
- Use the three components of the ethical decision-making model (moral awareness, moral judgment, and ethical behavior) found in the Ethical Decision-Making Model media piece in the Resources to analyze the ethical issues.
- Analyze the factors that contributed to the problem or issue.
- Identify who is involved or affected by the problem or issue.
- Describe the factors that contributed to the problem or issue and explain how they contributed.
- In addition to the readings provided, use the Capella library to locate at least one academic peer-reviewed journal article relevant to the problem or issue that you can use to support your analysis of the situation.
- Cite and apply the journal article as evidence to support your critical thinking and analysis of the case.
- Assess the credibility of the information source.
- Assess the relevance of the information source.
- Discuss the effectiveness of the communication approaches present in the case study.
- Describe how the health care professional communicated with others.
- Describe the communication and communication strategies that were applied, both in creating and in resolving the problems or issues presented.
- Assess instances where the professional communicated effectively or ineffectively.
- Discuss the effectiveness of the approach used by the professional related to any problems or issues involving ethical practice in the case.
- Describe the actions taken in response to the ethical dilemma or challenge presented in the case study.
- Summarize how well the professional managed professional responsibilities and priorities to resolve the problem or issue in the case.
- Discuss the key lessons this case provides for health care professionals.
- Apply ethical principles to a possible solution to the proposed problem or issue from the case study.
- Describe the proposed solution.
- Discuss how the approach makes this professional more effective or less effective in building relationships across disciplines within his or her organization.
- Discuss how likely it is the proposed solution will foster professional collaboration.
- Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Determine the proper application of the rules of grammar and mechanics.
- Write using APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
- Determine the proper application of APA formatting requirements and scholarly writing standards.
- Apply the principles of effective composition.
- Integrate information from outside sources into academic writing by appropriately quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing, following APA style.
Attached is the case study.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now