APA format MSN degree. 2 pages 2 references from walden university library Due 3/14/2018 at7pm EST
Discussion: Maladaptive Responses to Immune Disorders
Maladaptive responses to disorders are compensatory mechanisms that ultimately have adverse health effects for patients. For instance, a patient’s allergic reaction to peanuts might lead to anaphylactic shock, or a patient struggling with depression might develop a substance-abuse problem. To properly diagnose and treat patients, advanced practice nurses must understand both the pathophysiology of disorders and potential maladaptive responses that some disorders cause.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Consider immune disorders, such as HIV, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, and systemic lupus E. What are resulting maladaptive responses for patients with these disorders?
- Review Chapter 6 and Chapter 8 in the Huether and McCance text, as well as the Yi, et al, article in the Learning Resources. Reflect on the concept of maladaptive responses to disorders.
- Select two of the following immune disorders: HIV, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, and/or systemic lupus E (SLE).
- Think about the pathophysiology of each disorder you selected. Consider the compensatory mechanisms that the disorders trigger. Then, compare the resulting maladaptive and physiological responses of the two disorders.
- Consider the types of drugs that would be prescribed to patients to treat symptoms associated with these disorders and why.
- Select one of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Consider how your selected factor might impact the disorder. Then, reflect on how your selected factor might impact the effects of prescribed drugs, as well as any measures you might take to help reduce any negative side effects.
- Post a brief description of the pathophysiology of the immune disorders you selected. Explain how the maladaptive and physiological responses of the two disorders differ. Then, describe the types of drugs that would be prescribed to patients to treat symptoms associated with these immune disorders and why. Explain how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of each disorder as well as the effects of prescribed drugs. Finally, explain any measures you might take to help reduce any negative side effects.