Developing Psychoeducational Materials For Children
In this interactive assignment, you will create a story for children to educate them about psychological assessment. To begin, select a targeted developmental or reading level pre-K through grade 6. Review the elements required for each section of your storybook below.
Review the information in Chapter 5 of your textbook corresponding to the assessments appropriate for the age group you selected and review the Mental Health Assessment (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.(2013) article for examples of information provided to the public about psychological testing. You may choose any appropriate title for your story. Be sure to address each of the following questions in your storybook in an age-appropriate manner:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Why is the character in the story being referred for testing?
· Who will conduct the assessment?
· What is being measured?
· How long will testing take?
· Who will be present during the assessment process? If not in the room, where will parents and/or guardians be while the character in the story is being tested?
· How will the results be used? Who will have access to the results (e.g., medical doctor, family, the court, teachers), and why? This will vary depending on the character and plot in your story.
· How will the tests be taken?
· What will be the outcome of the assessment? How will the information be used? How might this information impact the life of the character in your story?
Include content to address any developmentally appropriate fears that individuals of the age group you selected may have. For example, young children commonly associate going to the doctor with getting a shot.
Be sure to include all the required material from the instructions above in your online storybook. Once you have created your storybook, include the link in your initial post. In your initial post, note the age or grade level for the target audience of the story. Briefly analyze and comment on the challenges and benefits related to explaining psychological assessment concepts using language that is developmentally appropriate for children. Compare at least two assessment instruments used to assess intelligence or achievement for the age group you selected. Include in-text citations and references for all sources used.
GreGregory, R. J. (2014). Psychological testing: History, principles, and applications (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
· This text is a Constellation™ course digital materials (CDM) title.