Please use the case study of heart attack upload, to provided case studies that focused on cardiovascular disorders. You will pick one of these cases to analyze and create a comprehensive care plan for acute/chronic care, disease prevention, and health promotion for that patient and disorder. Your care plan should be based on current best practices and supported with citations from current literature, such as systematic reviews, published practice guidelines, standards of care from specialty organizations, and other research based resources that are no later than 5 years old. In addition, you will provide a detailed scientific rationale that justifies the inclusion of this evidence in your plan. Your paper should adhere to APA format for title page, headings, citations, and references. The paper should be no more than 10 pages typed excluding title page and references. Some critical point to include in the case analyze are:
1. The patient just had a heart attack and he was treated for it emergently in the ER/hospital. Many of you need to recall that when a patient is sent to his primary care giver after such an event, a thorough review of the system that is in trouble is completed.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
So you should mostly be focusing on the cardiac issues. That is why the ER doc sent him your way – for long term management of the heart. The ER doc did not review all of his medications and place him on everything that he needs to be on – that is for you to do and determine.
So that is my first focus – how does his heart look? well, look at the blood pressure – it is horrible. So his tenormin is no good and either needs to be changed or increased or something added.
2. Recent history – he had stents placed. He is only on baby aspirin -That is no longer the standard of care with stent placement. This guy needs to be on clopidogrel or some such blood thinner to avoid complications with his stents forming clots. That is a lifetime deal – so he needs education about the medication changes, why you are changing them, what they are and how to take them. He will need some good followup care instructions, and he will need to be strongly advised against stopping the medications for any reason. I would also explore his ability to get the medications and have a steady supply because he might have issues and maybe that is why he is reluctant to maintain them.
4. Then discuss some of his other issues in the overall picture of heart problems – possibly his weight – which at 220 pounds and 5’10” he is not too horribly overweight although his BMI ranks him at obese – just barely. He could stand to lose 20-30 lbs. largely because he is android obese – tends to hold the excess weight around his midline.
5. Diabetes needs to be regularly monitored and I would review this with him. His hgA1C is 7.5 which likely means he averages blood sugar counts of between 150-175. He may need to revert to insulin to control his sugars if he is not able to control diet enough to allow his glucophage to work. The glucophage will not do all the work – he has to help.
- Demonstrated an evidence-based approach to address to the above key issues identified in the case study.
- Please use the uploaded the case study to create the care plan.
- Case Study Evaluation
- Analyze the disorder addressing the following elements: pathophysiology, signs/symptoms, progression trajectory, diagnostic testing, and treatment options.
- Differentiate the disorder from normal development.
- Discuss the physical and psychological demands the disorder places on the patient and family.
- Explain the key concepts that must be shared with the patient and family to achieve optimal disorder management and outcomes.
- Identify key interdisciplinary team personnel needed and how this team will provide care to achieve optimal disorder management and outcomes.
- Interpret facilitators and barriers to optimal disorder management and outcomes.
- Describe strategies to overcome the identified barriers.
- Care Plan Synthesis
- Design a comprehensive and holistic recognition and planning for the disorder.
- Address how the patient’s socio-cultural background can potentially impact optimal management and outcomes.
- Demonstrate an evidence-based approach to address key issues identified in the case study.
- Formulate a comprehensive but tailored approach to disorder management.
|Case Study Evaluation
|Care Plan Synthesis
|APA Style/Format: Free of grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. Citations and references are written in correct APA Style.||10|