This week, you will discuss potential challenges you and your classmates foresee in the coming weeks. Together, you can share strategies that could help you overcome these challenges, as a group and individually.
This dialogue through the Discussion Board is designed to connect you with your new colleagues so that you can develop community and engage with each other in a supportive manner as you begin the educational journey together.
To prepare for this Discussion:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Locate and download your Program of Study (POS) from your Field of Study tab, found in the left navigation menu.
- Review Walden’s mission and vision statements and Walden’s goals and values in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Explore the web page “Social Change,” located in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on what you hope to achieve as a graduate student personally, professionally, and within the larger community.
- Consider factors that could pose a challenge to the successful completion of your chosen degree.
- Reflect on your values, ideals, and goals in relation to what you have learned about Walden.
- Think about how you will incorporate a commitment to social change, particularly as it relates to the area(s) of interest represented by your program/specialization, into your professional, personal, and academic goals.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 a description of at least two expectations that you have about your program (e.g., something you hope to get out of the graduate program, for yourself, your family, or your community)and how the expectations of your program are aligned with what you have learned about the requirements of your program. Apply those expectations and hopes to Walden’s mission, vision, and values. Then, describe at least two challenges or barriers you foresee in completing your degree. Explain why you chose this particular field of study at Walden and how you intend to use your degree.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings and note the similarities and differences compared to what you shared.
Respond by Day 5 to two of your colleagues, and continue the Discussion through Day 7 by affirming colleagues’ concerns or hopes and suggesting another strategy you find useful. Suggest at least one resource at Walden that they might also find helpful.